Thursday, April 9, 2009

An interview with the New Orleans Hornets bench

Well as of late it's been interesting to see that our bench prior to this season was supposedly going to be a strong point of this team. Unfortunately it didn't turn out like that until some of the guys started to put some individual "nice" performances together before again falling to the pits of mediocrity.

JA: Okay I'll throw this one out there guys, who, if any of you, thinks that they are the focal point of the benches offensive sets?

Posey: Yeh I'll field this one. I think that I myself have an ample game, I have been known to be quite lethal in the post up situations and my natural, textbook jumpshot is something that is highly desired by many, I guess that's why I have played with so many teams.


JA:...Uhh okay. This ones for Hilton. Why do you look like you don't know what your doing on the court and seem to think that fouling is the way to solve your problems? If you don't mind me asking.


Armstrong:...Well, I suppose I need to learn the NBA tricks of the trade if you will. I mean like it's hard being a basketball player and not having an offensive game. I have worked on my jumpshot a little bit, I think?


JA: Still doesn't answer the main question of why you are a deer caught out in the headlights. Onto another more broad question, do you guys feel it is your "duty" to make games competitive, nay, blow leads the starters have presented you?


Daniels: Well I suppose due to the fact that we don't really have an offensive weapon off the benc...


Posey: *Punches Daniels* Uhh I'll field this one. I guess its because I don't get the ball often. But I suppose that isn't entirely my fault is it?


JA: I guess I'll stop with the general questions. Ju-Ju I love your game, but when can you put it all together?


Wright: I guess when coach gives me a shot.


JA: He has. Several times.


Wright: Oh well in that case then....I don't know?


JA: Tyson since being on the bench how is that blog and twitter feed coming along?


Tyson: Good.


JA: Hmm...we'll I'll throw something towards Mo-Pete. Since being a starter then becoming injured and being stuck in the New Orleans Hornets depth of hell that is known as Byron Scott's rotation, has it been tough to adjust to life as a no-one off the bench?


Peterson: It sucks man. Really does. Being a no-one being payed millions of dollars sucks. I really would love to contribute but I suppose money will just have to heal my playing wounds. I guess Sool is playing well but I think that when injury occurs all players should get a shot. I guess I just haven't received mine. Maybe I should go back and play for Toronto, I love Canadians.


JA: Is it entirely out of line to suggest that the word consistency doesn't ring a bell in any of your vocabulary?


ALL:...*Silence*


Brown:...Driving to the lane and trying to be LeBron? Is that what it means?


JA: Yeh thanks for your time guys.


(Interview not entirely real however some of these answers may actually be true)

No comments:

Post a Comment