Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Initial Thoughts

Hmm...where to begin?



I guess I should give you a little background on my whereabouts in the world and what affiliations I have towards certain sporting teams.



Yes, I do live in Australia and I follow a variety of sports from here to vast corners of the globe. I am a passionate supporter of the Waratahs (Professional Rugby team). At current as I write this the 'Tahs are currently reviewing their awful lose to the Brumbies, a local rival.



But my real passion lies in the Atlanta Falcons, my beloved birds should really be called Phoenix's after what occured over the past two years, finally things look bright for the team. I started following them after seeing an American Football game on TV here and it was the Atlanta Falcons vs. THE New Orleans Saints. The Falcons won and when I purchased a copy of Madden 2005 I struck a love affair with them after making Michael Vick look like Tom Brady.



There is some real irony in my other sports team the New Orleans Hornets. Okay, so I am a diehard Falcoholic, but follow the Hornets? Yeah it makes sense, after all my first basketball was a New Orleans basketball.



Your probably asking yourself a few things, why does this guy support teams for the strangest of reasons? How can this guy sleep at night? Why doesn't he just follow one city and their associated teams?



I will tell you something about me, for some odd reason I follow mediocrity. I just do. Where ever there is a mediocre team that has never succeeded I'll be there lurking.



The Waratahs, Falcons, Hornets and other teams of other sports (Middlesbrough and others) have all never won the championship. EVER. I am no glory supporter. For some reason I have this stubbourness that when and if my team succeeds no one can accuss me of just "supporting the good times" and "not being there in the bad times."



Way to many times have I seen friends and foe revel in victory only to find out they had only been supporting or following that team for that championship season. It frustrates me that none of these people truly belong to something where they want to go from dirt to a fine muddy sculpture.



So over the time I enter certain posts just take into consideration that everything I do is mediocre to the point that I (my teams) wish to hopefully succeed. Because after all isn't that what following sport is? To revel in a teams success? To be competitive?

No comments:

Post a Comment